Aquazzura and Casa Do Passadiço paint the town red
Located in a strip famous for its theatres, Aquazzura’s new Russian outpost is a 1,097 sq ft space on Moscow’s Petrovka Street, no doubt dramatic. Behind the building’s original exterior, created in 1874–76 by Russian architect Boris Freidenberg, the Florentine footwear brand’s signature black and white stripes are let loose, as a nod to the black and white pillars found in the Basilica of Santa Maria Novella in Florence, the brand’s birth city.
The true Russian makeover is a result to the bold new design of sisters Cláudia and Catarina Soares Pereira of Casa Do Passadiço, who already have multiple Aquazzura interiors under their belts, including the luxury label’s Florence, London, Miami and Las Vegas stores, as well as its New York and Milan showrooms.
‘Our main concern was to translate the amazing architecture of the city and to bring its mood into the shop,’ say the Portuguese duo, who have completed over 200 projects during their 20 years in business. ‘We fell in love with the Russian architecture and wanted to reproduce this feeling in the details.’
And... That's it!