Men´s Health － A Guide to Healthy Eating
Lets talk about men, the favorite subject among most girls. Girls like men with strong arms, a flat stomach with preferable 6 or 8 rows and off course a firm bum, but how to thick these boxes?
Now, more than ever before people are more concern about their appearance not only on the outside, but also on the inside. With that I mean healthy eating. It is hard to see the result from the gym if what you are eating comes in a take away paper bag labelled with a golden M. A great body comes with a balanced diet. With this I don't mean that people should eat vegetables and chicken for their every day meal. There´s more fun to a balanced diet than that. My recommendation is to start to play with different spices to create different flavors to your diets. Here´s our guide to healthy eating...
Rainbow ginger fried brown rice
Enough for 3-5 servings
- The Rainbow ginger fired rice requires veggies, lots of veggies. Approx. 6-7 cups of diced vegetables eg. green peas, beans, capsicum, carrot, corn, onion, brocoli, mushroom, asian greens, zucchini, celery, cabbage, snow peas.. you get the idea? basically anything.
- 1 cup of diced fresh pineapple (adds a delicious sweetness)
- 2 cups of uncooked brown rice
- 1- 2 inch knob of ginger (grated)
- 1 large red chilli (diced)
- 2 cloves of garlic (diced)
- 4 tbsp of organic tamari soy sauce
- 2 tbsp of sesame oil
- 2 tbsp of sesame seeds
What is the main secret to stay healthy and fit? Well the answer lays in checking what we eat during a week. Instead of eating those fatty chocolates everyday, we could replace them with some banana-oats cookies. Add some cinnamon and some honey on top and trust me this will fill your sugar graving in a good-feel way.
Tropical Pitaya bowl
- 1/2 frozen red flesh pitaya aka dragon fruit (peel removed)
- 2 large frozen banana
- 1/4-1/2 cup coconut water
- 1/2 kiwi fruit
- 1/2 banana
- 3 strawberries
- 1 passion fruit
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp raw buckwheat grouts (+ any other toppings you love!)
- Add the pitaya, banana and 1/4 cup of coconut water to your blender. Blend until smooth (if too thick add more coconut water) Spoon into a bowl and top with kiwi, banana, strawbs, passion fruit pulp, hemp seeds and buckwheat!
If you are a person that doesn´t like to go to the gym, but still wants a good shape, there´s other ways to achieve the same goal. It is not necessary to go to the gym and compete with one or another on who can lift the heaviest weight. We can also do outside and inside activities that would still give great results. Yoga, calisthenics, swimming, jogging for example are still good examples of exercises you can do without the need of a gym membership.
With the right determination, you can do it. It is a tough process, but after it starts to become a routine.
We don't need to exercise daily. Split it up in routines, focus on working your whole body. Don't just focus on one aspect of your body. Eat cleaner, drink at least 1.5 litters of water daily as water helps to clean all your system. Balance your diet, add proteins through meat or fish and combine it with brown rice or any kind of vegetable or fruit that you like. Try to stay away from drinking soda beverages like coke as these have artificial flavors and are high on sugar which will not help you on your way to achieving a great shape. Do this and you will feel more energetic and active.
／Words：Stella Karlsen & Cris Estevez